Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Goodbyes and stop-bys.

I think it's safe to say this week has been fairly exhausting. Chuckie's Uncle David, who we spent a ton of time with while we lived in Atlanta, passed away last week. It was totally unexpected and hit everyone pretty hard. We drove down to Georgia early Thursday morning to say our goodbyes and spend time with family. It was so good to see everyone again, but it was sad not having David there, who was always the one putting a smile on your face. Even though living in Atlanta had a lot of negatives, I'm so glad we had that time there to spend with him (and the rest of the family), and I'm so glad he got to share our wedding day with us (which was a huge deal to him as well). 


On a lighter note, we stopped in Durham on our way home to see one of my favorite ladies, Haley, who recently moved there with her sister. I cannot express how happy I am to have her in driving distance. She just gets me and I've missed her so much. We made friends with the owner of an awesome bar and had a fabulous brunch.



Chuckie has lost over 30 pounds in the last few months so we also went on a little shopping trip. As much as I love shopping for myself (number one choice, let's be real) I LOVE shopping for him. I have no idea why, maybe because it's like grown up barbies except Ken is not a California fucking creeper. All I can say is he's looking pretty god damn sharp, especially now that he's a Real Adult with a Real Job and isn't just wearing khaki dickies all the time (the bane of my existence). 


For now I am so glad to be home and in bed, cuddling with the children and my flan, finishing up my book (Gone girl, which had me saying OH MY GOD WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!?!? over and over again. I recommend it), and preparing for my work week to start (which I'm ready for, WHO AM I!?!). Goodnighttttttttt!


No comments:

Post a Comment