Friday, December 21, 2012

Travels

This past year I've gotten my moving/travel bug a little more under control, but now that it's freezing and gray and rainy, I'm back to daydreaming of the places I want to go. Aside from Austin and some of my other usual trips (New York, North Carolina), these are topping my list of realistic (cause let's be real, if I'm totally dreaming it would be full of foreign cities) places to see in the next few years.

PORTLAND - SEATTLE - VANCOUVER 
Okay, I've been talking about this one forever, but this is going to be the most expensive and time consuming, so expect me to continue talking about it for another year or so until I can pull it together. I am DYING to go to these places, especially Portland since everyone has told me it would be My Perfect Place (other than the fact that it's way too far and way too cold), and Vancouver which is probably one of the most beautiful places ever. There are also so many amazing ladies that I'm stoked to hang out with in all of these cities, I'll probably never want to leave. Ideally this will be a 1.5-2 week trip in early or late Summer when the weather is decent. Probably not this year, but it. is. happening.

NASHVILLE
I don't really understand how I haven't made it to Nashville yet. We were planning on moving there before we decided on Atlanta, and it was only a few hours away. I regret not going while we lived there, but I guess it's not THAT far from Virginia. Nashville is another city that people have always recommended to me, supposedly a similar vibe to Austin. If there's any truth to that, I would probably want to move there immediately, other than the fact that I prefer living on the coast. I think Nashville will be our next kind of big road trip, but as much as I'd like to go IMMEDIATELY, I'll probably wait until it warms up a bit.

CHICAGO
Everyone loves Chicago. It seems a little bit big for my general liking, but I know so many awesome people who live there that it will would be an awesome time. I think I need to teach my body to eat gluten again though because what is the point of Chicago if I can't eat deep dish pizza and hot dogs??

WILMINGTON
Wilmington is one of the very, very few places Monique has said she would consider moving to, so we plan on checking it out this summer. I hear it's a bit sleepy, but I guess if it's good enough for Brooke Davis and Pacey Witter, it's probably good enough for me, right? Or better yet, me and Rai's constant pressuring about moving will finally make her give in (although then I'll have to pressure Rai to change his mind from California.. not as hard though).

THERE ARE SO MANY PLACES. I still really want to do our Northeast road trip up to Canada, I'd love to do Minneapolis, but that will probably be put off until my in laws move to Minnesota, and I'd love to do another trip through Europe (realistically six weeks will probably never happen again though) and South America. I know I'll always travel but a few of these trips are ones I would really like to do before we have a kid so I'm trying to get some plans lined up. WHERE DID THE TIME GO? HOW AM I ALREADY THIS OLD?

2 comments:

  1. I actually did a week and a half trip a couple of years ago that was Vancouver - Seattle - Oregon coast - Portland... it was easily one of my favorite trips. Everything about it was fantastic. If/when you go - check out Cannon Beach, Oregon. I am itching to go back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I will put it on the list!! I have a feeling it'll be one of my favorite trips too, I'm SO ANXIOUS.

      Delete