Thursday, June 21, 2012

Another week, another series. VAMPIRE DIARIES.

I'm not exactly sure when my life started spiraling out of control into a blur of teen dramas and vampires, but I'm not mad about it. Not even a little bit. 
Last week I was sick for a few days and after going to dinner with two friends who talked about vampire diaries a handful of times, I figured what the hell? Why NOT start another series on netflix? And even better, it's a vampire teen drama? UM HELLO HAVE YOU MET ME? This is a perfect combination, and since cancelling my beloved secret circle, vampire diaries will have to do considering it was written by the same author. BUT YOU KNOW WHAT? I love it even more than secret circle.
IT IS SO GOOD. It's not like, true blood good, but it's CW good (and we all know one tree hill is one of my favorites, shh). It's very rare that I like almost all the characters on a show, BUT I DO. Even Caroline who was annoying as fuck in the beginning became a great character. 
She gets me
DAMON'S EYES and one liners. Stefan's brooding. Bonnie being a badass motherfucking witch. Alaric and his vampire hating half self (Although I'm sad about this). Even the villains are charming and likable! I mean, are we supposed to hate Klaus and Rebekah? Because I just can't. I FEEL FOR HER, poor thing, all she wants is to go to a high school dance and have a boy like her (can't say I understand the school dance part, though). 
AND THE FLASHBACKS. I LOVE FLASHBACKS.
I knew it was a winner for me when I cried a million tears somewhere around the second season finale. ANY SHOW THAT BRINGS ME TO TEARS IS A WINNER. Although I'm not happy about some of the people they have killed, not even a little bit, I guess that's the point, right? Take people the audience love and rip our hearts out. AND THE SEASON THREE FINALE? OH. MY. GOD. Dead. I need someone to talk about it with. My best friend started it but she's still on season one so I'm DYING HOLDING IT IN AND TRYING NOT TO SPILL THE BEANS.
I know my life and choices are questionable but to be honest I'm okay with living my life vicariously through TV shows and creatures of the night. Especially when it comes to this dude
Don't you roll your eyes at me, Damon
Can we also discuss the deep lines in between Stefan's eyebrows that perfectly match up with the lines above his lip? Because i'm obsessed with them, and I'm not really sure why. Don't judge me. 
AND. THE FACT THAT IT IS CARRIED ON INTO REAL LIFE. Damon & Elena are actually a couple! Stefan is married to crazy nanny Carrie/crazy Melissa Hastings! MASON IS LADY GAGA'S BOYFRIEND! It's like the CW had a partner swap (minus gaga, obvs) and ALL THE BEST COUPLES CAME OF IT. 


Anyway Sorry I'm not sorry for my overuse of caps but I HAVE A LOT OF FEELINGS ABOUT THIS OKAY.

3 comments:

  1. Lol, im watching as fast as i can woman! By monday i'll be done and ready to dish on this fabulous show! Im half done with season 2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Vampire Diaries (I've been rewatching it on Netflix for the past week), but really, how did the casting directors EVER think that Paul Wesley could pass for a 17 year old?! Don't get me wrong, I love him as Stefan, but he almost looks older than Damon. And I just keep thinking about how he's never supposed to age, but in real life he's going to keep getting older and even more non-17 looking.

    Also, Ian Somerhalder is my dream man. Ever since he was Boone on LOST I have loved him. So hot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I know! I just always thought maybe he was older when he was turned? But they never actually say so probably not.. Those (ahem, sexy) deep lines in his face could never belong to a 17 year old!

      And yessssss Ian is basically the love of my life, I'm so jealous that Nina Dobrev gets him all day at work and in her bed. Sigh.

      Delete