Friday, October 19, 2012

Things.

Things I've been into lately.


This. Book. I read it on vacation and could not put it down. The story centers around Hazel, a 16 year old with terminal cancer. It sounds heavy, but it wasn't, really. The things she thinks and says and feels are so on point, so relatable and heartbreaking and smile inducing and just FLAWLESS. The writing was so simple but so perfect at the same time, I can't wait to read another book by John Green.


I watched the first episode or two of Friday Night Lights at least three times over a year or two before finally getting into it. Once I was hooked, I was HOOKED. I think raw is the best word for the show, they used a few handheld cameras for each scene so they could get the whole scene in one shot and you can feel it. The shaky camera and intense closeups and emotion of the show is so good. I've seen the first three seasons but never got a chance to finish it so I restarted it recently and I'm hooked again. Tim Riggins is the most beautiful dude and Connie Britton is flawless and the Taylor's relationship is perfect. It also makes me miss Austin like crazy and I wish I lived there while it was filming so I could have stalked the shit out of them all. 


Writing for Feminspire has had such a positive impact on my life. I LOVE the women I write with, I love that we have daily interactions about our feelings and opinions and all the things going on in the world. I love reading the things they have to say because they are so smart, so inspiring, so encouraging. Rhiannon, the beautiful lady who created the website, is the sweetest thing in the world and anytime we interact I get a little giddy because I'm so proud of what she has achieved and for letting me be apart of it. Alisse, my editor, is amazing and is always helping me to push myself further when it comes to writing. I love it so much. 

Juicing every morning. I've had my juicer for over a year and go through phases where I use it every day and then don't look at it for two months, but so far so good. I'm much more of a fruit juice person than vegetable juice, but I've found that adding a small amount of fruit with a large amount of veggies gives me delicious juice while keeping my greens. My favorite combinations lately are:

spinach (I put baby spinach in allllll of them) + cucumber + celery + apple
spinach + kale + carrot + mango
spinach (this word is starting to look really weird) + kale + orange + fresh ginger

It has been fun trying different combinations and using different herbs/roots/spices like basil and mint and ginger.


This book is heaven. Haley recommended it to me a while ago and after eating the best lemon cupcakes EVER I was sold. I finally got around to baking some cupcakes this weekend and although at first I thought they were a little bland, the next day they were SO. GOOD. Weird?? You would generally expect baked goods to be the best the first day, especially gluten free which tends to get crumbly, but they just got more and more moist. I've been eating them every day since Sunday and they are STILL delicious. The hardest part is deciding what to bake next.

No comments:

Post a Comment