Friday, January 11, 2013

four // one.

08/09ish

Four years ago today I decided to give Chuckie, someone who had become my best friend in just a few months, a shot in the romance department. By romance I mean we went to a strip club, took too many shots of whiskey, and made out at 5 a.m. From then on we were pretty much inseparable, which was really weird as someone who pretty much hated anyone who crowded my Independent Lady Personal Space. 

New Orleans, 2009

Around the time we met I was in a phase of my life where I was newly single simply because I was craving freedom. I was living alone, making my own money, and was generally a HBIC. The thing about Chuckie is he let me be ME from the start. Even when we were together every single day, he never crowded my space. If I wanted to go out all night and party, it was cool. If I wanted to be alone for days and not talk to anyone, he understood and didn't make it about him. He is still this way and it makes our relationship so, so easy.

Paris, 2010

He is the most laid back dude in the world and I love it. I can count on one hand how many times he's really gotten mad at me (which was always me starting it)/yelled (once) and we've only ever had one real fight. This is a wonderful balance for someone like me who yells all the time (I'm just loud OKAY). He goes along with my road trips and traveling and moving talks/actions even though he would be completely happy staying in the same place for the rest of his life. He let's me be a selfish little brat and doesn't judge me for it. 

Fredericksburg, TX, 2011

I was never interested in getting married or having kids, figured maybe I'd have one in my 30's but it didn't really matter to me. Chuckie changed that. He is the only dude I would ever want to be married to and I can.not.wait. to have a baby with him (WEIRD, RIGHT? DON'T TELL ANYONE). He is going to be the best dad. He's so fun and loving and caring. I've already accepted that he'll be the favorite parent, but I think I'm okay with that because I'll probably favor him over myself anyway. 

Savannah, 2012

Well I came here with the intention of just saying "this dude is cool, today is special", I'm not sure how it turned into a whole ramble about us. But it's okay because he's my favorite and today is my favorite day. Four years ago was amazing, two years ago was even better, and last year was the best. I'm so excited for what the next few years (and you know, rest of our lives) will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment