Sunday, January 15, 2012

FOOD

I couldn't decide if I wanted to make an entire post about the food we ate in Savannah, but why the hell not?  Food is the foundation of our relationship and it deserves to be talked about.  
The first thing I didn't realize about Savannah was it's fucking expensive.  We walked around the city looking at different menus outside and all we saw were burgers for $19 and $14 Mac & Cheese.  Yeah, seriously. So we settled on the five guys that was right next to our hotel. 
I generally think five guys is overrated but I've been really into burgers lately so I was pretty pleased. I got a gigantic homemade cookies and cream ice cream cone after but it ended up being bad news bears for my belly so Chuckie demolished it for me. We also spent $30 at the candy shop. No shame. 
We went to a little diner (Henry's) and had breakfast sandwiches the next morning.  The best part of the meal was the syrup
Only the classiest of places for my love. 
Then the food started getting GOOD.  After an amazing afternoon in the park, we decided we needed something authentic. A real celebration dinner.  Cue: Sisters of the new south.
It was SO good. Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, sweet potatoes, okra and tomato casserole, mac & cheese, corn bread. It was delicious. And even better at 1am in bed.
But I still think the best place we went the entire time was Lulu's Chocolate bar.  It's all desserts, coffee and alcohol.  Basically my favorite things on the planet.  We split white chocolate chocolate chip cheesecake that was to die for.  I will dream about this cheesecake until the day I die. 




1 comment:

  1. That cheese cake and southern meal looks so fucking good. OH MY GOSH.

    ReplyDelete