Friday, January 13, 2012

Savannah!

Our mini getaway was just what we needed.  I caught an amazing deal on jetsetter.com with Avia hotel and it was to. die. for.  
It rained basically the entire time we were there, but there was a king size bed and CABLE in the room so who really cares. I discovered my new favorite show - Property Brothers on HGTV - because instead of crazy anniversary hotel sex, I got down with HGTV (or both, but HGTV is more acceptable to talk about on here).  
We didn't have too many specific plans so we mostly walked around to check out all the awesome squares the city has and ate a lot of food.  I finally had an excuse to put on real clothes which was exciting. 
Chuckie is really into trying to take artsy shots... poor guy

A+ photography amiright?

The trees were amazing and the grass was SO GREEN (this sounds dumb, but grass was not green in Austin OKAY!). I can't wait to go back in the spring or summer to see if they're much different.


I miss it already.  Right when we hit Atlanta a wave of depression hit me and I realized I need to do this like.. every month.  Even if it's just a day trip, it is so good for my spirit to get the hell out of this city until we can make our next move, or really, it's just good for me to take vacations. Always.


4 comments:

  1. Love the last photo and lol at Chuckie's artistic photograph. Your hair looks SO red, though. I love it. Plz post a full pic of your hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. idk how I missed this comment, that's all the bottom of my hair though, not the top ;_; I WISH.

      Delete
  2. I am so envious, I want to go on a vacation bad & with Jared would be even better. Savannah looks gorgeous, can I hide out in your bad next time you go? You can paint me brown, I'll woof & be your purse dog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you can totally come next time! COUPLES TRIP!! :)
      No but really you guys are in the PERFECT location to do short trips like this. That's the thing I miss most about VA, so close to so many amazing cities!

      Delete