Sunday, January 29, 2012

Meditation

I'll be honest - meditation is not something that comes easily to me.  I have a non stop mind, it takes me hours to fall asleep even with sleeping pills and every little thought spirals into something from a million years ago and it kind of drives me nuts.  Sometimes I sit down to meditate and things won't stop popping in my head and I'm opening my eye every other minute to look around and feel like I'm just sitting there bored when it's only been two minutes.  Other times, I fall into such deep meditations that I can't even lift my head up. 


I have a small spiritual corner in my room -
Pretty bad photo but I snapped it after a great meditation.  I always try to light a few candles, and I always smudge myself and the space.  I ask that all of my angels and guides surround me and help take me to a level of deep relaxation and show me any messages they may have for me.  I've listened to a lot of different music during meditations but I've found two specific songs that always put me in a trance like meditation-


Of course it isn't the same for everyone, but so far this works best for me.  I think I'll pick up a book on meditation eventually but I'm lazy and would rather try something out than read about it first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment