Monday, March 19, 2012

Travel ~hopes & dreams~

I'm getting the travel itch again. My restlessness has definitely calmed down since leaving Austin where I was literally trapped in Texas, but I'm still getting antsy to go somewhere new. I love being in a city that's within a few hours of several other cities, but finances and animals and going to Virginia so much hasn't let us explore much since being here.
I stumbled on a website where it creates a map of all the states you've been to and I have SO many states left to go to.
I really want to make it to every single state at some point. Highest on my list are definitely Oregon and Washington (specifically Portland - Seattle - Vancouver) as well as the rest of the North East (including a few Canadian cities). 

For two straight years Chuckie and I had such amazing, epic adventures (our month long cross country road trip & our six week Europe excursion) that last year and this year seem so boring and unadventurous. Rising gas prices are making everything worse, pretty soon we won't be able to get anywhere if it doesn't change. 

I think the best thing in the world would be to buy an airstream, use it as our home and travel everywhere in the US for a year or two. A girl can dream, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment