Thursday, June 23, 2011

crushed dreams and babbies

This week has had its fair share of ups and downs.  I found out Jetblue cancelled all you can jet (I will never get over it and I will hate them forever).  Maybe I shouldn't have put so much thought and excitement into something I wasn't sure was even happening, but I did.  The worst thing about Austin is that it's tiny.  The airport is tiny which makes it impossible to get anywhere for a decent price.  Even driving an hour to San Antonio doesn't make it much better, and the fact that there isn't anywhere to go for a weekend getaway that isn't Texas is starting to crush my soul a little.  After my mental breakdown, I bought a ticket to go home in August.  I am finally ready to go back for a visit.  

Yesterday we found out Jessica is having another girl!  I am so, so excited.  When she got pregnant, we all swore it was a boy, but after a month or so we all started to lean towards another girl.  When she told me what her name would be if it were in fact a She, I just knew it.  Jolie Blu, I am so ready for you to be here! Sorry for thinking you were a boy, but now we know why... Monique found out a few days ago that she is pregnant as well.  And that WILL be the boy we were feeling around us.  

I just.. I can't believe both of my sisters are pregnant.  I especially can't believe both of them are pregnant and I'm 1500 miles away.  I knew it would happen eventually and I would want to be closer to them, but I was NOT expecting it to happen so quickly.  

So with all the baby talk and the mental breakdowns, I've decided I'll be ready to leave Austin next year.  I can't go back - I can never go back, but I need to be closer.  Chuckie has always wanted to live in Georgia to be close to family, and Atlanta is only a ten hour drive from home (not quite as short as I'd like it to be, but if I was having a manic episode and needed to be home, I COULD do it) not to mention there is a direct flight to Dulles in under two hours and less than $200.  Chuckie rolls his eyes at me every time I mention moving again, but he's finally on board with this one.  How could he not be?  He can stay with his job and he'll be where he wanted to be.  I know I won't love Atlanta nearly as much as Austin, but I think it'll be just fine.

2 comments:

  1. :) Then I will visit you in Atlanta too!!! So don't leave Austin till I visit. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't :) we'll still be here for at least a year! Hopefully we'll have time to take a CA trip and visit you, the boys would love it too, those nerds.

    ReplyDelete